Who are we?
St Nicolas Church is a Church of England church and is part of the Diocese of Guildford. There has been a Christian Church here since 1170. We exist to show people Jesus Christ, and to help them to learn about God’s love which has been shown to the world through Jesus' life, death and his teaching which we find in the New Testament of The Bible.
We are a dynamic church made up of people from all walks of life and from different nations. We love to see new people and are confident that you will quickly feel at home in our church family. Our Sunday mornings begin with a warm welcome and an invitation to join us in celebrating the good news about Jesus Christ. We have a varied programme of worship, aiming to provide something for all ‘tastes’. In all our worship we expect God to meet with us and speak to us.
We are also very active in our local community working alongside other agencies and running our own projects in order to express the love of God in a practical way.
If you are new to the church or to the area, please do check out our New to Church page to get all the information about what goes on here.
What do we care about?
Our vision statement is:
St Nicolas Cranleigh - Caring, Sharing & Daring.
A Community Growing in Faith, Hope and Love,
Reaching into the heart of the local community,
Leading all people to the liberating truth of Christ.
To achieve this, we seek:
- to be an inclusive church, welcoming all in the love of Christ
- to be a light shining in the community
- to uphold Christian values
- to make a stand for truth and justice on issues local, national and international
- to respond to the changing culture of the 21st Century
- to deepen our faith and understanding of what it means to be Christian
- to encourage 'All Member Ministry'- We all have a part to play in Church life and promoting Christian values.
- to be a church representing the whole age and social profile of the community
- to encourage the building of Community Spirit within the Village
- to grow our current membership
At the heart of everything we do are our "3 F"s:
Faith, Family and Friendship.